Poems

 Hello!

I went to the event where there was a guest lecture. It was so inspiring; I've always loved the poetry that was about a deeper issue than baseline or even literature in general like my favorite is the yellow wallpaper. It talks about a woman experiencing postpartum depression. When he was talking I could tell he was passionate about his work, I haven't seen that in a while from someone. I know a lot of people when they learn a new language make it their whole personality or its their one key factor about them. Even, my family hears me say the most basic level of Japanese and then go brag to their friends that "I can speak Japanese" even though it's not really that impressive. However, hearing the speaker talk about embracing the language you are learning to make it your own voice and embracing it positionally, really spoke to me. Now I am curious about him not meeting his mom till he was 44? I thought when I saw that "oh he hasn't seen his mom since he was living in Japan" nope. Anyway, I also thought his poetry was amazing it was simple yet left you in a ponder. Also, the lady he mentioned in her poetry about learning a language and feeling constrained to the textbook sentences was so amazing and I could understand it. 

Anyway, my impression of him was 9/10, he was so inspiring to me. To the point where I made my poem,(in English)  Its not good in the slightest, I don't even if it's grammatically right but if anyone would want to see it I would post it on a different day!



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Another song recommendation....